Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri"

It is not too late for me to wish "Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri" to all Muslims in this world. This year I celebrates my Hari Raya at my mother village in Johore. This is the second year in a row I celebrates Raya in Johore. May be my mother won the battle between my mother and father deciding on whose village they will celebrate Aidilfitri. I still remmber they will always fight to celebrate Aidilfitri at whose village.

On the eve of the celebrations, my family members, especially my mothers and my auntie, busy preparing food, cakes, sweets, biscuits and various delicacies to be served on the day of Hari Raya. They prepared ketupat with rendang to serve for people who came to my grandmoyher house. Other family members will help in other chores such as decorating and cleaning up the house. Days before Hari Raya, our grand mother house compounds, lit up with oil lamps known as pelita.

Hari Raya is a very joyous day for all my cousins, because I am the first grandchild, so all my cousins is under me and the are all still young. This is the day where they really waiting for. They be given token sums of money, also known as duit raya from their parents and their uncles and auntie. This year, my family baju kurung theme is purple, and i love my baju kurung for this year.

My father, my uncles and all my cousins and borhte were attend Eid prayer in the morning and consecrate together harmoniously. My father and unlce taking the chance to meet and greet each other. Once the prayer is done, it is also common for My big family to visit the grave of our loved ones. During this visit, we will clean the grave, perform the recital of the Yasin and also the tahlil or prayers for the deceased. All these are done in hope that our loved ones are blessed by God and they are spared from the punishment in the grave. The rest of the day is spent visiting relatives or serving visitors.

That is all about my Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebration

No comments: